Thursday, August 31, 2006

Baby blankets

Some people really like those tiny baby socks or sweet little buntings. Me? I'm a complete sucker for baby blankets. They're so cozy and warm and soft, and I can't help but love them. Here are Hester Willa's first linens:


Petunia (Mumzy-to-be!) knit the blanket on the bottom and I knit the basketweave one 4th from the bottom. We just finished them! Here they are closeup:


Trista, Hester's godmother-to-be, made the gorgeous quilt second from the bottom:


The orange sock monkey fabric is from ReproDepot and will be used for a slipcover for Hester's Ikea chair as well as for her/his 100 Good Wishes Quilt, and the green things are from Target--Amy Coe Peanut stuff.

The white blanket features a scary squirrel with a nut, which I loved the moment I saw it. It was actually our first purchase just for Hester, and I really love that crazy blanket:


And there you have it, first shots of the nursery as well as a little photo essay on my favorite baby items.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also you know that whole squirrel thing cracks me up because of the crazy aggressive squirrels at Smith. Remember when that one chased you away from Washburn House? Ha ha ha!

10:51 AM  
Blogger frog said...

I LOVE the salmon color you're using.

And what the HECK is with the squirrels at women's colleges? My friend, crae, once had to save a nun from a squirrel that was stuck to her nylons.

Damn things.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJWP, I also love the salmon color and I meant to talk about the blankets you two made - they are very lovely. But I got very distracted by the squirrel by the end of your post. ;) I love your color choices and all the handmade stuff. So nice!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Thanks, frog and JPP! We're so excited. Both of us love oranges and yellows and greens, so those are the colors we wanted for our child's room. And we found the yarn we used for her/his blankets on sale at different yarn shops; we saw mine first and thought it would make a great baby blanket (100% cotton), and then we saw Petunia's yarn in almost the same color. Fate!

I'm loving decorating the nursery--I feel all nesty and hopeful. frog, I know you've been stocking up on baby things and doing lots and lots of tie dye--isn't it a great feeling?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 PM  
Blogger frog said...

It IS a great feeling! I'm doing another batch of tie-dye this weekend--some for us, and some for swaps I'm doing online.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the color palette - that yellow/blue/orange quilt & the knitted blankets are to die for. Both of you knit? I'm so jealous, lol. I'm struggling to teach myself via the internet. Slow going, grrr.

Hmmm, I kinda like the squirrel, she's not so scary.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Thanks, Neasa and TwoStepsForward!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home