Thursday, June 29, 2006

A crumby day

Why, WHY did I serve blueberry muffins for breakfast and then make friggin' cupcakes for my 3-year old's birthday party? I should have my head examined. I know damned well that muffins and cupcakes are two of the messiest foods around; the crumbs are driving me insane. Also, there's frosting in my hair. Also, I had all 5 kids this morning. Also, the 3-year old freaked out when I wouldn't allow him to have a birthday cupcake at 8:05am. Mean AJWP--"I don't like you," he told me, all teary and angry. I'm finding it hard to have much sympathy.

But oh! the love. I feel it deeply for my Clary B., who set to work cleaning up crumbs like it was her job. This time last year, she was more work than 3 kids put together. This year, she's my right-hand gal. I never was a dog person before Clara, but now we're a team.

Clara deserves a rest after all that cleaning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's the sweetest, sweetest thing ever. Lennie her a little extra for me.

Oh, and by the way, you HAVE clearly lost your mind.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Poor ajwp. what a bad morning. At least you did not serve couscous too.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Shit no! I would have melted into a puddle on the kitchen floor if I'd served couscous with all those crumby foods.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Ah, AJWP, enjoy Clary's cleaning of crumbs for now. I swear, as they get older, they decide it isn't worth it for crumbs. And for Jazzy, the novelty wore off on Cheerios, too.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Canada, no! Please say it isn't so. Clara's better than a vacuum, and I treasure her hoovering abilities. And sster, it really is amazing. Clara was nutty a year ago, but she's getting to be so dependable and calm(ish). I love it!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home