Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pops!

To celebrate our anniversary, Petunia and I went to see the Boston Pops' Fiedler tribute last night. It was wonderful! They played some v. fun Leroy Anderson arrangements I hadn't heard before, a march I played in college, and several short pieces that I didn't recognize from the program but knew as soon as they started to play. Keith Lockhart conducted, and all I can say about him is that he needs a good haircut. Dear Keith: No duck tail, okay?

Because our awesome floor tickets were free (I completed a survey for the BSO last year, and the tickets were my thanks), Pet and I decided to splurge once we got there. Champagne, you ask? No, Pops Punch. We went for a whole pitcher, so you know we were livin' it up.

My favorite part of any trip to Symphony Hall is WASP watching. Technically, I'm a WASP too, but a trashy one. The good folks who keep the BSO in business are hardcore WASPS--you've never seen so much cashmere in your life. The oldest folks there could barely stand, but their tweeds were impeccable. LOVE it!

Thanks to Petunia for a fun night. Spicy bamboo chicken rice plate--YUM!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm glad you ladies had fun, and also, I love the WASP watching. The trashy kind of WASP is the only good kind anyway, Nigel, don't worry. ;)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Ha ha! You know, at L&Y's wedding there was much discussion about how one of their mamas wanted chips and dip on the tables cuz "that's what people like at weddings." You know I LOVED that--I could so relate! It's all about the trashy beginnings, baby. Bring on the fried baloney!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink stuff by the barrel, baby!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

PINK STUFF!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I wonder if Smoki Bacon was there?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Oh, Smoki Bacon! I love her name!! What an old school, blue blood WASP!!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home