Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hey Jealousy

Petunia gets to travel a little for work, and sometimes I get jealous. For example, last November she went to Orlando for a national conference. She stayed with our friends T&R in their new house, then went to Epcot, MGM, and Disney for free because R. works with The Mouse. Petunia called frequently to say that the weather was warm and sunny and that she was having a blast.

Meanwhile, I was at calling hours for my uncle Earl.

He'd died suddenly of a heart attack on Friday, so I made plans to attend his weekend service as soon as I heard the news on Friday night. To her credit, Petunia offered to fly home, but I told her I'd only be in NY for a few hours since I had to be at work on Monday morning. She was very sweet, but it was incredibly strange to go from the funeral home to my cell phone. "I'm so sorry it was so sad," she yelled over the noise of the Aerosmith roller coaster at MGM. "I wish I could have been there with you!" she roared.

This time, jealousy struck last night after she told me she'd had crepes for lunch and swum in the pool all afternoon. "Is it warm there?" I asked longingly. "Yes," she replied. "That's nice," I muttered, "It's snowing here."

2 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh but honey. It's Vegas. Ewwww.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I know. But it's warm, and there's a pool, and no one there needs me to wipe a nose or a butt....

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home