Monday, April 03, 2006

Vegas, baby

Well, Petunia's off to Las Vegas; she'll be back early Sunday morning. Normally, I don't mind when she travels, but this time I'm feeling a little sad. It's probably because we didn't get to see much of each other over the weekend (she worked, I played), but I was v. sorry to say goodbye to her. At least she was off work today--she made breakfast for the kids and me, putzed around the house with us, and planted all of our summer bulbs before it started raining. She's a star, that Petunia, and this tiny house already feels lonely without her.

Of course, I'm planning a week of special comforts to cheer myself up. Tonight: my virgin visit to The Container Store on my way home from Logan (the verdict: not as exciting as I'd thought it would be, which is a relief). Tomorrow night: a trip to the library, then Garden State and Beauty Night. The rest of the week: whatever strikes my fancy, whether it's going to bed at 6:30pm, taking myself to dinner and a movie, or strolling through the park with Clary B. Regardless, I'm looking forward to a great weekend with the much-anticipated ODS adoption conference on Saturday and the Terry Gross/Ira Glass interview on Sunday. Good times!

2 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Have you seen Garden State yet? I liked it a lot.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Yes. I loved it! Have you seen it with commentary?

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home