Thursday, August 23, 2007

In which some random asshat makes my day

Last week I received a notice in the mail saying I needed to pony up $40 for a parking ticket in Boston. The notice went on to say that "the correspondence [I] sent is not sufficient grounds for appeal." Since I haven't received a parking ticket in quite a while, I was stumped. I called the parking clerk yesterday to inquire about the entire situation, and here's what went down:

Bad: I really did receive a $40 parking ticket. I got it for parking in a resident-only zone while we attended my surprise party. That's sucky.

Worse: Some random asshat mailed it back to the parking clerk with "a 4-letter word written on it," according to the clerk.

Fabulous: Because said 4-letter word counts as a letter of protest against the ticket, I only owe $40, despite the ticket being over a month old. If they hadn't received the altered ticket, I would've had to pay $53. Yay, due process! And thanks, asshat!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's totally awesome but also it's not possible that it's over a month old because it hasn't been a month since your party!

Way to go asshat, ha ha!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey, you're right! It's *almost* a month old. Too bad I already think it's September.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Se? You're like me . . . .once it hits that "light cahnge" time in Aug, I start thinking September, too.

Damn parking tickets - I got once earlier this month when I got back to my meter SIX minutes late. Ugh!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home