Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm ba-ack!

Alrighty then. I took a little bloggy break but now I'm back like gangbusters.

And did I mention that it's feeling like FALL around here? Cool days, cooler nights. Maple leaves have begun to fall in our yard and I saw my first scarlet leaves today in our local cemetery. Petunia bought some mums for our porch and we pulled out some warmer clothes for Hester. Apple picking, pumpkins, and scarves can't be far off. I love it!

In other news, I took the kids to the playground this morning and had a funny conversation with a 10-year old there:

Kid: Are they triplets? [Side note: I get this all the time from passersby. I heard it 3 times this morning alone; one woman even exited her car to stare at us and ask whether the boys are triplets. People are nuts, huh?]

Clementine: No, they're friends.

Kid: They're not yours?

Clementine: No, they're not mine. I run a child care program at my home, and these kids are friends who come to my child care program. [Hester is with her Mumzy today.]

Kid, brightening: You know, I want to have a daycare when I grow up! Maybe part-time, though. Parents struggle with their kids so much, so I think I won't have kids myself. I'll just take care of other people's kids cuz I love kids. But part-time, though. I don't love them that much.

How awesome is that?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a hilarious conversation. I love it.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Welcome back! And that is such an awesome conversation - esp. from a 10 year-old kid.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

HIlarious!
By the way, my friend J came over for lunch the other day and saw Hester's postcard on the fridge, and said, "Oh, I LOVE her blog!" When worlds collide... :)
Hugs to the gals for me (plus to you, of course)...

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home