Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Warning: This post is all about baby barf

You know how when you go to Sea World and you head into the big stadium for the killer whale show and the announcer is all, "The first 20 rows have been designated as the Official Shamu Splash Zone! Don't sit in those rows unless you want to get SOAKED!"?

Well, Hester herself is the very epicenter of another Official Splash Zone: Baby Hester is a barfer, and she's damned good at her craft.

In the 4 weeks she's been home, Hester has Officially Splashed these people:

--Me, of course
--Her Mumzy, natch
--Auntie J. (in public!)
--Auntie Y. (twice in rapid succession)
--Her visiting nurse (only the shoes, but still)
--C., a kid in my child care program

She has Officially Splashed in these locations:

--Every room of our house, save the bathroom
--Starbucks (2 of them!)
--Mr. Crepe
--The car
--Her car seat (and oh! how it sucks to wash the car seat cover)
--Outside in the yard when I'm working

She has Officially Splashed these v. uncomfortable places:

--Down my shirt and into my bra (twice)
--Into the holes of my Crocs shoes and onto my bare toes
--On our steep and v. narrow stairs
--Into the Maya Wrap as I held her, thus coating herself and me (a two-fer; she's done this many times)

Petunia and I have gotten pretty good at guessing when she's going to spew, and I always feel v. proud when I catch her in time to save her outfit (like I did 30 minutes ago! Brava, Mama!). However, she still catches us off-guard quite a bit. Since her barfing is reflux-related, she might hurl mid-feeding or she might wait an hour and a half to let loose the tide. She's on reflux meds and we do all the usual precautions, including keeping her upright 40 minutes after each feeding and not allowing her to sleep flat on her back, but she's still hurl-a-riffic.

Hell, at least Clary B. appreciates Hester's gift.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Dudes, I don't know what's happening with the double line breaks in this post. It's ugly and it's pissing me off.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

I must admitt that the Shamu Spash Zone experiences with Hester are my least favorite. I don't particularly enjoy the feeling of wet warm spit up on me, nor do I like it any more when it goes cold. Other than that, she is adorable 100%!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

See, having spent quite a bit of time with wee Hester over the weekend, and being warned of said splash zone, and not seeing one droplet of baby barf, I'm kinda thinking that these are all "exaggerate for the art of the blog" stories!! (bet you wish it were so, huh?)

Still can't get over the intense peppermint scent of the reflux meds. What the hell are they thinking????

7:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Okay, so I fixed the line breaks. Jeez.

Also, Canada, she must have saved up The Hurl from her weekend trip, cuz she's been totally barfalicious since we got home.

SPLASH!

2:45 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

Oh geez... I just can't imagine that.

I envision mission impossible music playing in the background as you and Petunia strategize correctly the exact moment of the splash! Ilch.

"Will they stop the splash in time?" *music* duh duh, duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh...

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home