Friday, January 26, 2007

Wanna hear a funny story?

Okay then.

So y'all know I was inducing lactation to help feed baby Hester. I took the fenugreek and the goat's rue and the blessed thistle and the alfalfa and I pumped till I was calloused. And for all that effort (and also after putting my gag reflex on overdrive with those nasty alfalfa tablets), I only got a few drops of milk. I spoke with my midwife friend about starting the domperidone, and I had just decided to order it when I got sick with a stomach bug. And then I got sick again with the Mother of All Stomach Bugs, and I didn't pump or take herbs or even think about breast milk for a couple of weeks. And then I felt really guilty, but when Hester arrived and needed such intensive nursing, I let myself feel a little better that she was on formula. The poor kid had a tough enough time without trying to nurse from a dry well.

But then!

On the day of her 40th birthday, Petunia began lactating spontaneously! FOR REAL, Y'ALL.

Can you beat that, folks? Will wonders ever cease?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No freakin' way!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Yes freakin' way.
We should talk, round.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, RIF, isn't it freaking NUTSO?!?

Hashbrown, this is my favorite. Crazy boobs for real.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home