Friday, November 17, 2006

Pregnant on paper

I am so relieved. Our homestudy was approved yesterday and I've already updated our info on the MARE website. So as of today, we're officially waiting! And I'll tell you what: Waiting never felt so good.

But here's something strange: MARE has two kids listed on their website who fit our profile, kids for whom we might be a good match. I can't even begin to hope that one of them might be our Hester, but I've got calls in to both of their social workers anyway. At the very least, it'll be good to see what sort of information is available for the children and to see what sorts of questions we can expect to ask. Petunia's half-convinced that one of them will be our Hester because of the "How wacky would that be?" factor, but I really doubt it. If we ended up calling about our Hester on Massachusetts Adoption Day, the day after we got our homestudy approved, that would be too crazy. Am I right, or am I right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

My god, that Website just broke my heart.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I know. I check it frequently enough to see some of the kids' profiles disappear, but there are other children who have been waiting for their forever families for a long, long time. The teens in particular just break my heart. Petunia and I hope to foster and/or adopt an LGBT teenager at some point in the (distant) future, and sometimes I get a little too attached to the photos and profiles of waiting teens on the MARE website.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be too brazy - but that's how adoption goes, so maybe...

Anyway, happy paperwork pregnancy, and congrats! I hope the due date is soon.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Hurray!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home