Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Heart The Outback

This is a little embarrassing, but I'll just admit it: I like The Outback. I like their bread, I like their croutons, I like their Aussie Chips (though I can't bring myself to actually call them that, so I just say "fries" like I'm too cool for school), I like the spiciness of their ranch dressing. And mostly, I like their Alice Springs chicken, which is absolutely slathered in mushrooms, cheese, and sweet honey mustard sauce (and bacon, too, but I ask for no bacon). Which is what I barfed up the other night, incidentally, but no worries, mate--I'm still feeling the love for Alice Springs.

What's more, Petunia knows this about me and she still loves me. What a sheila!

Petunia is vegetarian, and her choices at The Outback are limited to salad, sides, or a nasty alfredo pasta. She generally gets the blue cheese chopped salad and a couple of sides, but I'm sure you can see why The Outback isn't her favorite place to eat. For the sake of martial bliss, I limit my own trips to The Outback, only going a few times a year (including Christmas Eve with my family since "it's our family's tradition," which is a another post for another day), mostly when she goes away. I went there on Tuesday night, and I figured that was enough Aussie love for me.

But then I read this note from Petunia this morning...

"Hey sweetheart, only one more day you can go to The Outback. Did you go yet? Are you going again? Cheeeeeeeese friiiiiies!!"

And now I want to go again! Because the cheese fries, they are spectacular (again, minus the bacon). And she's right--when will I have another opportunity like this? (Um, that would be in December when she goes to CO to visit her brother.) But the funniest part, the best part, is how she knows me a little too well, especially around my choice of restaurants. And she still loves me!

I'm one lucky filly. Right, mates?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

haha.

I love ethiopian food but can only go for it on nights when S is in meetings, or out of town.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word to your mother, Clementine. I heart Olive Garden in a similarly unreasonable fashion.

I'm glad Hashbrown encourages you to eat the Outback when appropriate. ;)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Hey clemy
I am glad you went twice. No worries about your love of cheese and chicken. I still think you are spectacular!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home