Friday, July 07, 2006

Potty mouth, maternity shirts, and Madonna

Today the baby started saying "fuck" when he means "truck," and it's killing me. I'm a terrible person; I've been getting him to repeat it all morning for my personal amusement. He's going to grow up to be a shock jock and it'll be all my fault. But I can't help it: He's been saying, "Hi fucks!" "Bye fucks!" and, "Fuck, ooh!" (That last is my personal favorite.) Good thing we have lots of construction happening in the neighborhood. I'll be sad when he learns to pronounce the "tr."

*******************************

In other baby news, things are progressing nicely with regard to our adoption plans. Our MAPP class begins on Tuesday, and from there on out we'll be in the active stage. We've been inactive for so long that I'm excited to finally Do Something about Hester's arrival, you know? It's thrilling, really--although there will be many bumps, I know we're on the path to parenthood. It all starts again on Tuesday, and I'm feeling optimistic and hopeful. Also, our maternity shirts will arrive on Monday! (No, we won't wear them on the same day, and no, they don't match.)

******************************

Also, I just got this email from Petunia:

"Guess what! So, I just got an email from HR about free Madonna Tickets for Monday night. I asked for two and got them. You wanna go on a date with me to Madonna?"

What are the odds she's joking about this?

5 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

Hooray for Doing Something! I can feel Hester Willa's presence in the wings already.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh M., thank you for your kindness. That's a lovely image, that our children are waiting in the wings.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Halso, SHE'S NOT JOKING! We're going to see Madonna on Monday for free! Petunia's the Big C. this time around, folks.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's f-ing funny. Big C. for real!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Unbelieveable - free Madonna tickets!! Have fun!! And at the family reunion, too, but family just don't compare to Mrs Ritchie.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home