Thursday, June 21, 2007

Home sick

I'm off work today for my 2nd sick day ever. I've had a stomach virus since Saturday and thought I beat it on Tuesday, but yesterday I realized I was wrong. Very, very wrong. Here's what's not fun: telling your active toddlers they can't go outside on a beautiful afternoon because you need to stick close to the bathroom. Also not fun: Running to the bathroom while work parents are picking up their kids.

[Note to self: When recovering from a stomach bug, give it a few extra days before having a salad with raspberries and a side of fresh corn for lunch.]

I feel guilty for missing work today even though my work parents know I'm genuinely sick. However, Hester and I have been hanging out chill-style this morning and it's been WONDERFUL. She relaxed under her baby gym in the early morning while I moped on the couch. Then I fed her and we both napped for a couple of hours, which was blissful.

I am a lucky, lucky woman to have a baby this easygoing.

Now that we're both awake, I'm trying to decide what to do this afternoon. The J part of me wants to run errands--I need to go to the much-dreaded BJs and know it would be quieter on a workday--but rest of me wants to relax here at home. I think that's what I'll do--shower, sit on the couch some more, and play with baby Hester.

I think I'll skip the veggies at lunch, though.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amelia's Mom aka Jennie said...

Your body probably thanks you for taking it easy and staying home rather than going to BJ's. Good for you for enjoying your sick day as much as possible and I hope you're feeling way better very soon!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad your tummy is still upset! But, I'm very glad you had chill time with Hester Willa!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home