Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ugh. But hopeful.

Today has been awful so far: Screaming, crying, overtired kids; baby poop flung on the ceiling (don't ask); disastrous art projects; scheduling stress. I'm so ready for this workday to end. When it does I'll hop in the car, turn on The Lovely Bones (I'm re-"reading" it on CD), and drive an hour to see my beloved wife and daughter. How sad is it that I'm looking forward to the commute?

We had some news about Hester's medical progress, however: She might be discharged as early as late next week! It's more likely that she'll be in the hospital until March 7 or so, but at least the end is (sort of) in sight. Petunia and I had hoped to take her to the Smith Spring Bulb Show, and it looks like that'll be able to happen. Hooray! I absolutely can't wait to show Hester all the fun stuff in western MA. Sylvester's, Atkins Farms, the Eric Carle Museum, Thorne's, The Raven, The Book Mill, historic South Deerfield, the glacial potholes, the Bridge of Flowers, Colrain and Cider Days...I could go on forever. I love western MA. I'm so happy that Hester will be able to see it soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!!! Definitely keep your readers posted, but especially me! ;)

I'd like to visit her again in the hospital but definitely when you get her home I need to come out for like a full day of Lennie-ing.

Sorry for your crap day so far but hooray for Hester Willa!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

haha you said crap day.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home