Thursday, June 15, 2006

Random thoughts

--Today is 2nd quarter tax day for self-employed folks, which means I had to send a huge check to the IRS and a smaller one to the MA Department of Revenue. YUCK. But at least I won't be shitting myself in anxiety on April 15 like I did last year.

--I love these shirts, but how bummed am I that they don't come in regular sizes? Size 8-10 doesn't cut it, folks. Wendy says she'll be adding larger sizes soon, but I want to get one when we start our MAPP class in July. I think I'll have to make my own.

--I looked out the window a little bit ago, saw the grey car in the driveway and thought, "Hey, who's here? Where'd my car go?"

--Pregnant Neighbor had her baby shower last weekend when we were at Pride. She invited us, so last Friday I gave her a gift box containing 3 onesies, 2 tank tops, a pair of infant pants, a blanket, a hat, booties (those 7 things were in a set), tiny cotton infant shoes, a white bonnet like she wanted (I got that at Target during their post-Easter sales for $.25!), and a handmade bib with her baby's name embroidered on it. Everything was pale pink like she wanted. It wasn't the most expensive gift in the world, but it was practical and (I thought) thoughtful. So why did she complain to me yesterday that all she got for her shower was onesies? I was pissed, and I'm still seething today.

--Guess who read her new car owner manual cover-to-cover? NERD.

That's all.

******************************

UPDATE AS OF 6PM: Apparently, I've been walking around all day with a big green baby booger on my shoulder. Classy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnant neighbor makes me upset. Maybe she meant except for your gift, since it would be bizarre to complain to you about your gift. In any case, she strikes me as a tad unstable and upsetting. I don't want you to be her friend anymore.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, about those t-shirts - it is NOT, I repeat, NOT OK to rename the sizes. 4-6 does not = small, 6-8 does not = medium and 8-10 certainly does not equal large.

Not a choice! Also, her sizing doesn't even include the good old AVERAGE size 12-14 american woman. What the fuck? Does she know what average means?

You make your own and boycott her ridiculousness. I'm so pissed at her. Not OK, Wendy!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally... do you know about these t-shirts?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Those shirts are rad! And I see they come in decent sizes, too (well, at least better sizes that Not Showing). But it's a shame about Not Showing, because I really love the one with the pram. Sigh.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh, and also: I'm not friends with Pregnant Neighbor. We're neighbors is all, though the Baby Jesus knows she could use some friends.

Dear Baby Jesus,

Please give Pregnant Neighbor some real friends.

love,
AJWP

6:05 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Re: the shirts - are they flippin' nuts with those sizes? Why not add 0-2 as x-small? Obscene, and offensive!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that with a new car. Just remember what you're driving when you go to the grocery store. I walked around for 10 minutes, panicked that our last vehicle had been stolen. Loser me! Took the dog longer - she kept barking at the new one for almost a month!

And as for the green baby booger - you are so ready to be a Mom! You're already wearing the uniform of snot and spit-up! :)

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home